It has been a while, yes it has. A lot is new: many-a-tea parties have been happening, working on the bus still in Eureka, making some exciting plans. For one, we are gearing up for some big events and travels. Here’s a list of some tentative upcoming tea serving:
– 7/2 Sat – Arts Alive! in Eureka, CA
– 7/6 Wed – Elephant Revival show in Ashland, OR @ Adelante! Gallery & Tea House
– 7/8 – 7/10 Fri-Sun – Oregon Country Fair (in entertainer camp – fortunately or not)
– 8/7 – 8/25 – First tour off the west coast (Super tentative – which will head through CO, stop at the National Hobo Convention in Britt, IA, to a private wedding in Madison, WI, and back towards the west coast).
– 9/22 – 9/25 Thurs-Sun – Rootstalk Festival near Salem, OR – we’ll be hosting a giant free tea tent in the main area.
EDIT: The following two tea tours/events will not be happening at this time. Sorry Washingtonians!
– 9/25 – late October – NW Tour, including Olympia, Seattle, San Juan Islands, etc.
– 10/21 – 10/23 – Okanogan Barter Faire near Tonasket, WA.
All these tours will have more than the listed tea servings, and we’ll be in touch when we’re in your area.
In other news, we recently served our 10,000 cuppa free tea to some unknowing potluck guests (see previous blog post). Edna’s radiator blew up and her alternator died just as she reached 150,000 miles. We’re installing more solar and welding our vegetable oil tanks soon. Yay!
A recent trip to the Oregon Coast brought us some joy – seeing old friends, camping, making lots of tea, and making some new friends too.
Recently we got notice that Eneron, who makes energy efficient cookware (using heat sinks on the bottom of their pots and pans) will be helping us out. They donated one of their tea kettles, which will help reduce the amount of fuel we use to heat water. Thanks, Lee. Check out our Support Page for more info.
Hope to see you soon!
Guisepi (and Edna, the teabus)